Labels

Friday 13 January 2012

What was all the fuss about?

I finally lost my Nando's virginity, and on balance wish I hadn't.  It seems to be the restaurant of choice for professional rugby players, and I'm told that some of the overpaid prima donna scumball players also like it, so my daughter and I gave it a go.

The food is - at best - average, and seems to be a mixture of KFC and McDonalds, but at a far higher price.  Their idea of hot sauce isn't too hot at all, and their half chicken is more poussin than a proper bird!  Worst of all though, and I know this makes me sound snobbish, the place was full of loud people who didn't seem to know how to hold a knife or a fork.

Maybe I was unfortunate, because I was in beastly Eastleigh, but the whole thing just didn't seem that clean to me.  Our table had had a cursory wipe with a cloth after an antibacterial spray, but it hadn't been dried so when we sat down the cutlery and napkins immediately became damp.  Overall, I just found it a bit depressing and unpleasant.  Oh, and worst of all...the chips were soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment