Labels

Sunday 24 July 2011

Angry

Amy Winehouse is dead.  Hardly a surprise and, of course, it's terrible that anyone should die at such an early age.  That said, the reaction, especially on Sky News, was OTT.  When 93 - and counting - people who wanted to live are killed in Norway, and famine is striking Africa yet again, forgive me if I don't spend too much time mourning someone who for years had given a damned good impression of having a death wish.

Predictably, 'Legend' is being bandied about, and I suppose it will be used in the coming years, but someone who made two albums - one good, and one excellent - hardly earned that description in my book.

What a waste of talent: now excuse me if I think more about those who want to live but have had the opportunity taken from them - many of them would have loved to have got to 27!

No comments:

Post a Comment