Labels

Wednesday 20 July 2011

How big are Cameron's balls?

Dodgy Dave went on the attack today, and his comment about Alastair Campbell 'doctoring' documents was a fascinating one.  When he said it in the House, of course, he was protected by parliamentary privilege, but I very much doubt he'll utter those words outside.  My recollection is that none of the inquiries found any evidence to support Cameron's accusation, and unless he knows something we don't, it was straightforward mud-slinging.  Come on Dave, say it in public if you think you're hard enough!

The disappointment of the day for me was Ed Milliband.  I was convinced that he was the wrong brother when he was elected leader, and a few good days of late, followed by today's lacklustre one, have done nothing to change my view.  I've let my Labour party membership lapse, and I'll only renew it when the party comes to its senses and ditches our loser of a leader.

As an aside, when the 'comedian' Jonnie Marbles custard pie'd YMG yesterday, the first thought that went through my mind was, "I wonder who paid him to do it?"  It was such an obvious way for YMG to get public sympathy that I assumed that it was a stunt thought up by one of his PR people.  Seemingly I was wrong in that assumption - it was all Marbles' own idea.  Maybe I'm just too cynical for my own good, or perhaps that's what the tabloid press has done to me and many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment